Monday, April 9, 2012

Holy Weekend...

Although my plan for my family to go to a resort after church to swim last Sunday didn't push through, I'm happy with how our weekend turned out.  Saturday I spent quality time with my bestfriend Jaja.  We watched Moron 5, a local comedy that features 5 morons. :)  Then in the evening, my husband's family and I went to Chikaan for dinner, it was to spend time with his younger sister Anna who works and stays in Manila.  Then Sunday, I woke up at 4:30am to attend the Sunrise service of Ikthus.  After the service, I went straight to Capitol Lagoon (Park) to jog.  After 5 rounds, I went home running/walking from Lagoon that I was so tired when I reached home.  I cooked breakfast after a few minutes of rest - rice, dried fish and eggplant.  After playing with Matt, I took a short nap and we had lunch in Auntie Sue's house with family again.  The food was delicious - baked turkey with stuffing and cranberry sauce, baked ham, mashed potatoes, green salad with her signature dressing, corn and of course cake for dessert.  After lunch, we headed to a mall to buy hubby's running shoes and Matt's toy as a gift from Auntie Ann.  Then we accompanied Anna in buying pasalubong for her friends and co-workers in Manila.  I was so tired that I slept around 6pm and got up 5am in the morning to jog again.  That was my holy week-end. :)

Looking back at all the activities, I realized how blessed I am to have the opportunity to enjoy life as God intend it to be.  He doesn't want us to be miserable all the time and be guilty for all of the things we've done.  He's forgiven us and it happened a long time ago.  We just have to accept it, be grateful for his grace and mercy and live with faith and good works as our way of showing God's love.  We have nothing to do to earn our salvation.  Our sacrifices won't be enough.  Only God can redeem us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers